Workshops and Residencies
Workshops and residencies are structured to meet the needs of your group. They are practical, hands-on, inspiring, and fun! They may be scheduled as one day workshops or multi-day residencies.
Standards of Learning concepts embedded in action-packed storytelling and theatre activities. Techniques that use storytelling as a catalyst for creative thinking and problem solving with an emphasis on the writing process.
Culminating activities may include:
- Telling a story to a partner or whole class
- An in-school storytelling festival
- Traveling to other schools, libraries or senior centers to tell stories
- An Open House performance for the class and/or the parents and teachers
For Teachers and Librarians:
In-services that offer practical, inexpensive book-based activities to bring stories and history to life. Techniques for implementing and assessing storytelling as a cross curricular tool linking the oral tradition with the written word. Come prepared to play!
For Special Needs Populations:
Vicky has extensive experience working with special friends and presents a themed workshop which invites listeners to participate in storytelling, dancing, singing, jokes and riddles, and a craft each session.
For Elders and Adults:
Sharing the Wit and Wisdom of a Lifetime: Finding and Telling Your Personal Story – Learn how to remember, collect, organize, and present the stories of a lifetime.
More Stories, Please! Playful games and exercises to help start a storytelling tradition in your family! Also available: Making A Family Time Capsule.
I have participated in the following John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Seminars:
- Planing Effective Arts-Intigrated Residencies for Students
- Artists as Educators: Planning Effective Workshops for Teachers
- Artists as Educators: Presenting Effective Workshops for Teachers